The reason for action research is to get the data to study and make predictions for the future so that we can always progress. We as teachers need to be able to understand what research is and how we can effectively use it. We should never stop learning, we can continue to use data to make decisions for the future and identify what is working and what is not. For each problem or situation there may already be a solution out there. By reading and researching we can possibly discover a solution that has already been tested and successful. I also realized how useful surveys can be and once again that protecting the identity of students and staff is important. Finally, we need to be able to use data to change performance and to able to form an idea for what will be most successful in the future.
I like the focus of your project. As a middle school teacher, I am looking for ways to increase our students' acheivement on district bencharmarks and upcoming STAAR testing. I like your idea of surveying the students for ways to make the study sessions worthwhile. A suggestion for you is maybe also surveying the kids on what parts of the PSAT they found challenging (ie: word problems, analogies, etc). This would give your enrichment period more guided focus. Wishing you luck on your project and continued student success.
ReplyDeleteGilbert Fears