The enrichment session has been going well and I have researched many ways to organize the program based on information gained from other schools and literature. Recently we have changed a couple of the major guidelines due to research and I will begin to survey students and staff about their opinion of how the time is being used and what could be modified to make it work and benefit our students and teachers even more. I will also talk to several teachers about how the change in the school schedule to accommodate an enrichment period has affected them or their students.
As far as our successes, students are gaining access to teachers and information during the day they had not previously been able to, some have not warmed up to the change in the bell schedule but most have managed fine. Personally, my biggest disappointment has been with certain teachers and their distain for the organization and construction of the period. I do not take it personally or blame any of them, I figure that it is partially due to the economy, looming salary cuts, and the apperance of increased workload. Never the less, we will continue to work with the enrichment period in an attempt to make it as successful as possible. What I am learning is that teacher morale can drastically be effected by school climate and perception, if peopole think they are doing more, yet constantly recieving les, it can begin to make them look at new programs as bburdens not improvements.
No comments:
Post a Comment